Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 208
General Class Description
Performs and coordinates document center work under general supervision. Responsible for preparing and processing all duplication jobs using digital, networked high-speed equipment. Duties involve the use of computer terminals, servers, scanners, tape and magneto-optical archiving systems, along with related software and technologies. May provide functional supervision.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates and maintains digital, networked high-speed duplicating equipment. Makes minor repairs and adjustments as necessary.
- Manages job from XDODS workstation and on-line server. Utilizes computer system to enter job specifications and monitor production within the system.
- Prioritizes and schedules work and adjusts production as required to accommodate customer deadlines and maintain operational efficiency.
- Provides cost information and/or estimates and answers customer questions regarding all aspects of document preparation.
- Maintains a high level of customer service.
- Monitors and maintains appropriate level of stock and supplies.
- Maintains records of daily production, payment of services, and other records related to processing duplication orders.
- Responsible for weekly cash deposits and necessary records for auditing purposes.
- Operates and maintains various types of bindery equipment.
- Informs customer of copyright laws and policies concerning reproduction of printed materials.
- Performs image editing functions such as rotation, signature conversion, photo placement, crop, mask, page numbering, set labeling, and related activities.
- Proofs copy and may consult customer prior to running complete job order.
- Archives and retrieves digital documents and maintains a library of tape and magneto-optical disks.
- Performs routine system software or equipment maintenance to ensure optimal operation of equipment.
- Provides functional supervision and assigns work as required.
- May drive, load and unload a delivery truck to distribute orders as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of copyright laws and policies concerning reproduction of printed material.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and apply institutional and other policies appropriately.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, students and the public.
- Ability to perform routine arithmetic computations.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
- Ability to use proper bending and lifting techniques to stock supplies or deliver items.
- Ability to exercise functional supervision over employees.
- Skill in operating and maintaining duplication equipment.
- Skill in utilizing computer software packages and online systems for document transfer and preparation.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Two years of experience at the Document Center Operator I level, including six months experience using computer software packages and online systems to prepare documents for digital duplication, or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Possession of appropriate drivers license as required.