Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 203
General Class Description
Under direct supervision, performs bindery functions by either manual or mechanical means as directed by written job ticket instructions and/or oral instructions from supervisor.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs bindery operations such as section marrying, signature nesting, collating, binding, stitching, trimming, folding, and finish wrapping.
- Operates small hand machines such as drills, plastic binding equipment, paper cutter, and staplers.
- Proofs original job copy to sample to confirm accuracy of job specifications before completion.
- Maintains records of time, tasks, and number of pieces completed per job.
- Prepares finished product by placing in boxes, mail trays, on carts, etc for delivery.
- Performs routine maintenance, cleaning, and repair of equipment.
- May train and assign tasks to student workers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of procedures for performing bindery operations.
- Ability to set-up, repair, and maintain equipment.
- Ability to properly use bindery equipment and supplies.
- Ability to read job tickets and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to work in adverse conditions such as dust, noise, and fumes.
- Ability to meet deadlines and respond to questions concerning completion time of jobs.