Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 208
General Class Description
Under general supervision, coordinates and keeps track of all production in the bindery operations, resolves problems, and maintains equipment, requiring skill in the operations and maintenance of multiple major bindery machines. Provides training and may provide functional supervision over other bindery operators and provides input in evaluating staff as required.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizes, assigns, reviews and coordinates the work and activities of personnel engaged in bindery operations, such as folding, binding, gathering and collating.
- Trains bindery employees and assists them in the resolution of problems.
- Reviews completed jobs to verify conformance with the job ticket and plant standards for quality and consistency.
- Participates in the operation of all bindery machines.
- Provides information and answers questions from staff and customers concerning bindery operations, problems, and job status.
- Set-ups, maintains, and repairs all equipment involved in bindery process.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skill in set-up, operation, and maintenance of all bindery equipment.
- Skill in troubleshooting and resolving problems posed by staff and/or customers.
- Knowledge of procedures for performing all bindery operations.
- Ability to set-up, adjust, repair, and maintain equipment.
- Ability to train and supervise other bindery operators.
- Ability to coordinate and supervise operations to ensure timely and accurate completion of orders.
- Ability to properly use bindery equipment and supplies.
- Ability to read job tickets and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to work in adverse conditions such as dust, noise, and fumes.
- Ability to meet deadlines and respond to questions concerning completion time of jobs.