Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 206
General Class Description
Under direct supervision, operates, maintains and repairs duplicators as directed per written specifications of the job to reproduce high quality and multicolored copies of various originals.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates offset duplicating press to reproduce high quality one color and multicolored materials utilizing half-tone, screens, solids and the line copy.
- Makes judgments relative to quality/quantity printing requiring substantial knowledge of printing techniques.
- Operates large offset duplicating press to reproduce one color line copy materials.
- Operates roll-fed press to reproduce materials.
- Sets up press with appropriate master; mixes ink, runs samples and makes adjustment to machines until impressions are desired quality; washes press and changes color of ink.
- Receives, inspects and prepares offset plates.
- Obtains stock and completes stock ticket; orders additional stock as necessary and maintains stocks of expendable supplies.
- Makes arrangements for obtaining new parts or repairs as necessary; assists supervisor with major repairs.
- Assists in operation of other equipment as required.