Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 209
General Class Description
Under general supervision sets up, operates, maintains, and makes minor repairs on large or multi-head offset presses, produces high-quality single and multicolored copies of various materials; work is highly skilled and requires perfect registration.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up and operates offset press; makes necessary operating adjustments including plates positioning, feeder adjustment, ink and water control, etc.
- Work may include publications such as books, magazines, etc., or brochures, posters, forms, etc., in one or more colors, and may include four-color process printing.
- Maintains position register and consistent color and quality with maximum operating speed.
- Makes out proper forms for stock ticket withdrawals and enters press counter readings on job tickets.
- Trains employees in lower classifications in related work.