Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 205
General Class Description
Under general supervision, receives, sorts, delivers and collects mail on assigned route or on special assignment.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Collects and takes mail to local U.S. Post Office.
- Drives truck to deliver mail to assigned campus sites; collects and delivers outgoing mail at all assigned stops on route.
- Assists in sorting mail and parcel post in the Mail Room; lifts mail bags weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Explains rules and regulations to users including postal rates, time schedules, etc.
- Signs and is responsible for delivery of incoming registered, certified and insured mail. Notifies appropriate persons of COD and postage due mail.
- Picks up, signs for and delivers sheets of stamps as required and receives payment for same.
- Conducts address search in cases of incomplete address.
- Deliver critical items to health research center to be examined and tested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of proper cargo loading and securing techniques.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations governing operation of state vehicles.
- Knowledge of motor vehicle laws.
- Knowledge of institutional shipping and receiving procedures.
- Knowledge of postal regulations and reference sources.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, students, and the public.
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to safely operate and insure proper maintenance of vehicles.
- Ability to perform routine arithmetic calculations.
- Ability to read and write.
- Current driver's license.