Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 204
General Class Description
Under direct supervision receives, unpacks, stores, and issues stock and supplies in and from a central supply area or in assigned stores of a department.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Checks incoming orders against items listed on requisitions, invoices or other proper forms for correct counts.
- Counts, grades, weighs, meters and sorts incoming items and supplies.
- Marks with identifying codes, sorts, and stores supplies in proper location according to prescribed methods for convenient removal.
- Takes items from stock to fill requisition and issues equipment and supplies to students, faculty, or staff as requested with proper authority.
- Initiates orders and supplies as needed; delivers and picks up supplies and materials to location as required.
- Assembles or mixes materials, solutions, and equipment stored, in accordance with specific instructions.
- Maintains records on issuances, periodically takes physical count of stock on hand, and prepares reports as necessary.
- Drives, loads, and unloads a delivery truck periodically.
- Operates equipment such as dollies, carts, etc., in handling and transporting supplies and equipment.
- Maintains stockroom in clean and orderly manner.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of storeroom methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of proper lifting and bending techniques.
- Ability to interpret and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to keep basic receiving, shipping and inventory records.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic functions involving addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to work with computerized inventory control systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers and constituents.
- Ability to read, write and follow instructions.
- Possession of appropriate drivers license as required.