Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 206
General Class Description
Under general supervision, operates a small storeroom, or is in charge of one or more functions of a large storeroom operation. Provides functional supervision to storeroom personnel as required.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives, stores and issues equipment, materials, supplies, foodstuffs, etc., according to established methods.
- Stores special stock items requiring treatment which may deviate from established storekeeping methods in assigning space and identification.
- Issues items which require knowledge of specific areas of supply operation and good knowledge of stock characterized by susceptibility to spontaneous combustion, toxicity, fragility, rapid deterioration, contamination, ease of physical damage.
- Performs tasks independently in connection with checking and tallying special or technical items of supply.
- Verifies stock against shipping authorizations for agreement as to quantities, descriptions, sizes, conditions and conformance to purchase orders.
- Searches manufacturers' catalogs, technical bulletins, nomenclature lists, etc. to identify special items; seeks advice of operating personnel to insure compliance with purchase orders for unusual orders.
- Applies storekeeping procedures and methods in arranging space, conducting inventory, estimating needs, and maintaining and preparing records and reports as directed.
- Makes minor adjustments or repairs to items carried in stock.
- Drives, loads, and unloads a delivery truck periodically.
- Assist faculty and staff in setting up and operating equipment for lectures, regular laboratory work or special demonstrations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of storeroom methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of the characteristics, uses and proper handling/storage techniques of items supplied.
- Knowledge of proper lifting and bending techniques.
- Ability to interpret and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to prepare and maintain stock records, reports and inventories.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic functions involving addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers and constituents.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to provide functional supervision.
- Ability to work with computerized inventory control system.
- One year of work experience in storekeeping, accounting, business administration or job related work, or
- any combination of such experience and post high school education that totals one year.
- Possession of appropriate drivers license as required.