Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 208
General Class Description
Under general supervision, is in charge of and assists in the operation of a large and complex storeroom.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Assumes responsibility for the receipt, storage and issuance of stock.
- Interviews and recommends hiring of employees; organizes and assigns work, trains employees and evaluates performance.
- Applies storekeeping procedures and methods in arranging space, conducting inventories, estimating needs and maintaining and preparing forms, records and reports.
- Assures proper and precautionary methods are observed in handling and storing items requiring special treatment.
- Makes recommendations and suggestions regarding the substitution and interchange of special items and items of questionable serviceability, regarding the establishment of minimum and maximum stock levels and revision of guides for effective handling and storing.
- Requisitions and orders all products needed in accurate amounts and according to specifications.
- Maintains accurate and complete records on all products ordered and received.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of storeroom methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of the characteristics, uses and proper handling/storage techniques of items supplied.
- Knowledge of proper lifting and bending techniques.
- Ability to interpret and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to prepare and maintain stock records, reports and inventories, and to estimate department's needs in order to maintain proper inventory levels.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic functions involving addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to effectively interview and recommend applicants.
- Ability to work independently and make quick decisions.
- Ability to lead, coach, train and supervise others.
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers and constituents.
- Ability to work with computerized inventory control system.
- Three years of work experience in storekeeping, accounting, business administration or related work, or
- any combination of such experience and post high school education that totals three years.
- Possession of appropriate drivers license as required.