Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 307
General Class Description
Under general supervision, patrols campus to ensure compliance with university parking regulations, provides assistance to motorists, coordinates fueling and servicing of pool vans, transports departmental money receipts and/or employees as required.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Patrols campus in order to enforce parking regulations, issues parking violations through operation of electronic tickets writers when appropriate.
- Assists employee Van Pool Program daily by transporting vans for fuel, service and repair.
- Performs minor maintenance on entry ticket dispensers, parking gate controls, and other parking equipment.
- Provides assistance to motorists and transports hospital patients to their stored vehicles at the request of Hospital Security.
- Provides transport for department personnel, mail, and materials including transporting of parking cashiers and/or money receipts.
- Consults computer generated tow lists and initiates towing procedures of vehicles when necessary about determining towing eligibility.
- Hoods parking meters for reserved parking, posts signs and places barricades to regulate and reserve parking for special situations.
- Performs special duties as assigned including screening for admissions and traffic control.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- knowledge of and ability to operate vehicles, two-way radios, parking control equipment and non-complex computers.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the position.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions, to record information accurately and in legible handwriting, and to communicate effectively with the public.
- Ability to read, comprehend, retain, and implement parking regulations and guidelines.
- Ability to work in a variety of environments including high traffic public areas, low light areas, and with exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to patrol assigned areas and climb stairs.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Two years experience in a public contact position.
- Experience must include use of non-complex computers. Possession of a valid Iowa driver's license.