Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 505
General Class Description
Under general supervision, monitors security equipment and elevators. Using electronic fee computer, accepts custody of cash receipts and fee payments in accordance with applicable policies.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors audio and video security systems and elevators to insure facility security and patron safety. Contacts proper authority if problems are observed.
- Maintains control of facility space counter to insure adequate space availability, making adjustments as necessary.
- Determines fee category based on established policies and using appropriate fee or charge account schedule, enters data into fee computer and collects fee due.
- Prepares and audits money receipts at the end of shift and assumes responsibility for all money collected during shift. Deposits receipts and reports in safe for review by supervisor.
- Responds to both telephone and personal contact inquiries concerning locations and other information from varied client population.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and ability to operate vehicles, parking control equipment, and electronic fee computers.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the position.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions, to record accurately information in legible handwriting, and to communicate effectively with the public.
- Ability to comprehend, retain and implement established procedures.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures and conditions.
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations accurately.
- One year of public contact cashiering experience.
- Possession of a valid Iowa drivers license.