Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 509
General Class Description
Under general supervision, is responsible for the operation of equipment and/or for directing and coordinating facilities to provide procurement and inventory control for a physically decentralized area. Provides functional supervision as required.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises the ordering, receiving, storing, inventory, inspection, and distribution of materials and supplies.
- Performs appraisals of the condition and cleanliness of grounds and facilities.
- Coordinates the maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Maintains and/or supervises the maintenance of records indicating receipt and disposition of all stock material and supplies.
- Maintains adequate inventory control system; conducts searches for misplaced or lost items.
- Performs a wide variety of housekeeping/custodial duties including cleaning, laundering and related functions inside and outside the building as required.
- Inspects and services equipment and building, performing minor repairs as necessary and reports major problems to the appropriate area.
- Answers telephone inquiries, making necessary and proper referrals of the calls, and maintains a call log.
- Prepares special and periodic reports as required for operation.
- Performs touring and chauffeuring duties as required.
- Provides training to other departmental staff members.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and to interpret policies and procedures accurately.
- Ability to establish and maintain an inventory control system and keep accurate and up-to-date records.
- Ability to organize and coordinate.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to demonstrate qualities of confidentiality, diplomacy and discretion.
- Four years of post high school work including experience involving public contact and storekeeping procedures.
- Possession of a current Iowa driver's license.