Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 204
General Class Description
Under direct supervision or within specified operating procedures operates motor vehicle to transport materials or to pick up and dispose of trash according to a set schedule and route or as dispatched.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates motor vehicles to transport materials, supplies, etc. to and from offices, job sites and other specified destinations upon instructions from dispatcher or according to established routes.
- Loads, unloads and secures cargo.
- Hauls trash, refuse, and debris to disposal sites as required.
- Services vehicles, both interior and exterior, including cleaning and washing with power equipment, refueling and other minor items of vehicle maintenance as required.
- Performs as a Laborer when not driving.
- Responds to calls for emergency service, including snow removal, as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to communicate orally
- Ability to operate moving equipment such as pallet movers and forklifts.
- Ability to safely operate and insure proper maintenance of vehicles.
- Knowledge of proper cargo loading and securing techniques.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations governing operation of state vehicles.
- Knowledge of motor vehicle laws.
- Ability to read, write and follow instructions.
- Possession of Iowa Motor Vehicle Operator's license.