Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 505
General Class Description
Under general supervision, assists in conducting extension education programs by extending information such as meal planning, money management, nutrition, human development, and citizenship to specifically identified audiences.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and presents lessons from a standardized curriculum to individuals or small groups.
- Visits clientele within specifically identified audiences to involve them in individual or small group learning experiences.
- Extends information through a variety of methods such as demonstrations, pamphlets, seminars, etc. to clientele within specifically identified audiences.
- Maintains appropriate records of participants progress and prepares reports.
- Assists clientele by providing information on resources available in the community and making referrals.
- Makes arrangements for meeting facilities, sets dates and times for classes, collects and organizes educational materials, and makes appointments with participants.
- Participates in regular conferences and training as scheduled.
- Recruits program participants and volunteers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge of issues and facts relating to the educational program.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic skills, i.e., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, fractional numbers, decimals, etc.
- Ability to read, understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of people.
- Ability to transport educational materials necessary for the job to the seminar site.
- Ability to read, write and follow instructions.
- Requires ability to travel to various locations in order to conduct extension educations programs.