Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 506
General Class Description
Under general supervision, assists in conducting extension education programs. Adapts lessons and materials; organizes special program groups; and assists with planning, directing and coordinating educational programs to specifically identified audiences.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares, presents, and adapts lessons and other educational materials to address specific issues of individuals or small groups.
- Meets with organized groups such as service clubs, senior citizens, and community clubs to present informational programs.
- Organizes special groups, activities, and events such as a segment of an educational program for specifically identified audiences.
- Develops material and activities for use in conducting extension education programs.
- Recruits individual group members and leaders for extension education programs.
- May assist professional staff members in the training of newly employed assistants, volunteer leaders and leadership committees.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge of issues and facts relating to the educational program.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic skills, i.e., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, fractional numbers, decimals, etc.
- Knowledge of human development.
- Skill in adapting program materials to address special needs of the audience.
- Ability to read, understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of people.
- Ability to transport educational materials necessary for the job to the seminar site.
- Ability to assist with the training of others.
- Ability to use time management skills.
- One year experience as an Extension Program Assistant I or equivalent work experience, or
- Any combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge and ability can be acquired which totals one year.
- Requires ability to travel to various locations in order to conduct extension educations programs.