Tools for Managing Workplace Conflict
- Participants will
- Develop a basic understanding of conflict.
- Learn the basic tools of engagement.
- Explore how conflict impacts their work.
- Learn a process for addressing conflict situations.
- Apply engagement tools to conflict situations.
- Identify what resources are available at Iowa State University for handling conflicts.
- Attitude about and perception of conflict and how they impact the outcome of conflict.
- The three major sources of conflict.
- Conflict management and conflict resolution.
- The principles of employee engagement.
- The tools of engagement:
- Group Guidelines
- Vision, Mission, Objectives
- Facilitative Coaching
- Emotional Intelligence
- Process for Approaching Conflict
- University Resources
- Application to Case Studies
- Tools for Managing Workplace Conflict is a series of three, two-hour workshops conducted approximately every other week within a two month period of time. The workshops focus on the practical understanding of conflict and how to use tools that will engage employees to reduce the destructive impact of conflict in the workplace. The interactive series will be limited to 25 participants.
- Cost for the series will be $75, which includes a resource book, handout materials, and snacks.
- You can register for the series on Learn@ISU For additional questions, send an email to: email@example.com (515-294-3753).
Session 1 – November 13, 2017, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM – Gold Room
Session 2 – November 28, 2017, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM – Gold Room
Session 3 – December 12, 2017, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM – Gold Room
Session 1 – February 20, 2018, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM – Gold Room
Session 2 – March 6, 2018, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM – Gold Room
Session 3 – March 20, 2018, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM – Gold Room