University Human Resources at Iowa State University has developed the Talent Acquisition unit in order to effectively and efficiently deliver recruitment and sourcing consultation to Applicants, Hiring Managers/Designees, and HR Liaisons.
Talent Acquisition Consultants specialize in the recruitment, sourcing and selection of Faculty, Professional and Scientific (P&S), Merit and Contract employees. The unit assists the university in attracting the best-qualified and diverse applicants through education, outreach and training efforts.
Talent Acquisition consultants work together to promote strategic recruitment efforts by:
- Collaborating with hiring departments and units by providing needed resources and support through the sourcing and hiring process;
- Promoting university career opportunities to attract and source prospective applicants;
- Assisting current employees through the transfer or promotion to another university position;
- Creating talent pipelines by managing relationships with prospective applicants; and
- Strategizing with employing unit's HR Liaison to create positive impact.